Monday, March 2, 2009

Molly's

The perfect place to plot the revolution, Molly's Coffee House on Queen street in Fredericton is a cabinet of curiosities and haven for artists, writers, bridge players, outsiders and first-daters. It is an opium den in your grandmother's basement. It is the place you read How to Win an Argument and were censured for putting your feet on the coffee table. It is the place you went three nights in succession and were I.D.'d each time.
This photo, and those that will follow, were shot at Molly's by Marlo Burks. We'll continue to post them throughout the month.
If you'd like to contribute a photo or Molly's memory, do: naked.east.the@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. O HAI. Funny, I really did go on my first date with my now boyfriend at Molly's. That was almost seven years ago, frig. We sat upstairs, I drank Sol, he drank Guinness, and he later told me he was amazed/horrified at how much I smoked during this particular outing. This was obviously back when you could still smoke pretty much everywhere. Anyway. I was chain smoking because I really liked him and was nervous, duh.

    ReplyDelete